Thursday, 5 January 2017

2017: simplicity & newness

Hello, thank you so much for stopping by.

Isn't the new year wonderful? All those thoughts of, "This is going to be the year!" Well, I've decided not to do that. I've written down some goals for the next 12 months, but apart from that, I've decided to slow down and stress less. To keep it simple. To consider all the good things and be grateful for them.

Now that you're here, I'd love for you to stay awhile. I'd love to get to know you and for you to feel that this is a place where you can stop by anytime, to rest, to breathe, to just be.


A little about me: my name is Nicola and I’m an interior designer. In my day-to-day life, I work with my clients to help them create the best version of their home – authentically, simply, beautifully.

I have a lifelong love of beautiful things and have been a devourer of images for as long as I can remember. Before Pinterest, before the internet, I kept binders full of magazine cuttings. My studies in History of Art & Architecture led me, eventually, to House & Garden magazine. Two years ago, when my children were very young, I took the opportunity to launch my interior design studio: I haven’t looked back. I love log fires, summers spent in France and winters on the north Norfolk coast, proper camping (but with proper coffee), beach walks, colour, texture and all things beautiful.

I also love things that are well made, handmade, old, honest, authentic; things that tell a story and make me feel good. I'm also shy and social media can feel overwhelming to me – I've never even been on Facebook because the thought of being that exposed online terrifies me. My home is everything to me – welcome.


I know your life is busy; I know there are a thousand calls on your time. So this journal is designed with that in mind – as a quiet, inspirational space where you can stop awhile and take the time to slow down and recharge. Good design is as much about how things feel as how they look, and I believe it can make you happy: the possibilities are huge.



No comments:

Post a Comment